Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Mojo Monday

Good afternoon! It's been a good day so far here is So Cal. I had Bible study this morning and we began the second half on Daniel- all the prophecy and eschatology. I've done this Beth Moore study before and it's been fantastic just sitting and soaking her teaching in once again. I don't think I have any more room for notes in the margins of my homework book! She (Beth Moore) has such a gift for teaching and just has the ability to take something that I've read through a million times and never understood and put it into perspective. Plus, I love studying history and it's relevance to structuring today's world and this book of the Bible definitely fulfills that!

I had a blast at my cousin's Pampered Chef party last night. My aunt and another cousin were there, so it added up to a bunch a laughing and good times. I couldn't sample any of the food prepared due to my food allergies, but it sure smelled good! And I got some fun kitchen goodies that I can't wait to use! This evening, I'm off to the local farmer's market. There's nothing quite like fresh fruits and veggies... especially during the summer! I like to stock up on white nectarines, plums, asparagus, and any other fruit that just looks particularly scrumptious that trip. I have tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, green beans, and jalapeno growing like crazy in my back yard, so I just buy the things I don't have. :)

I sat down this afternoon determined to crank out this week's Mojo Monday sketch. There were a bunch of layers this week that were slightly intimidating, but not overwhelming. Plus, I just got my new SU catty and I love the color combinations they have going in their samples! Totally up my alley! I stole this combo straight out of the catty and will definitely play with it some more in the future.

I stamped the branch Plain Jane from Verve in Versamark all over the background purple. If you know me at all as a card-maker, you know that circles are the bain of my existence. lol So, I quickly jumped into "what else can I do with that circle" mode. Enter my favorite combo- bow, button, twine! It always saves the day!

Overall, a simple card today, but I'm pleased with how it turned out.

Thanks for stopping by!
Supplies-
Stamps- Verve: Branch Plain Jane, Proverbs 3:5
Paper- Very Vanilla, Kraft (SU), Plum Pudding, Bitty Box dp (PTI)
Ink- Versamark, Old Olive
Accessories- Cream ribbon, twine, button

3 comments:

  1. Very nice. I like the stamped bg and LOVE how you did that beautiful bow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love all of your verse stamps! I love your color combo on this card! You always have great color combos!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am circle challenged too! I either go with a button or a Prima! LOL
    Love your card...it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete