Sunday, July 5, 2009

Viva la Verve!

Did you see Mark Cavendish's amazing sprint stage win today on the Tour de France? Seriously, can anyone keep up with that man?! He had the perfect lead-out from his team and then literally flew to the finish. Can't wait for another sprint finish tomorrow! The flat stages only get exciting in the last half hour when the peloton closes in on any breakaways and the teams organize themselves to help their sprinters get the win. Love it!

I had a wonderful, relaxing Fourth of July. Our cul-de-sac does a potluck breakfast in the street every year and I always look forward to it. Afterwards, I came home, watched the openning stage of the Tour, and took a nap. I think I'm still catching up from Thursday. Next, it was off to join my cousin and his wife for some swimming and fireworks. We watched from the cheap seats (the park next to the fireworks event) and had a great time hanging out and talking. Good company always makes the 4th fun!

I finally managed to sit down and make a card today. Amber gave us a doozie over on the Verve forum. Not only did this sketch have a big 'ol circle, we had to try a new technique. Say what?! I like what I already know, thank you very much. lol

We had a choice between trying Poppin' Pastels or Burnt Batique. Since I am lacking a spray water bottle, I opted for the Poppin' Pastels. Click here for the tutorial I must have read through at least one dozen times. I know, it's not that tricky, but new techniques scare me.

I used a dark teal chalk and a brown chalk for the edges to add some contrast. The corners of the card felt a little lonely, so I ticket corner punched them and added some jewels.

Overall, not too bad. I'm not really sure how often I'll use this technique, but I have to admit that it was fun to try. Oh, and I also had to ink up one of my new Verve stamps. Yet another stamp that makes me sing every time I see it. :)

Thanks for stopping by!
Supplies- Stamps- Verve: Grateful Elegance, 1 Peter 5:7
Paper- Whisper White, Basic Black, Ocean Tides, Bitty Dots dp
Ink- Versamark, Basic Black
Accessories- jewels, ticket corner punch, scallop edge punch, chalks, kleenex, nestabilities, cb

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty card !! I love all the layers. I love that sentiment as well! I need to check out Verve stamps!

    ReplyDelete