Friday, July 24, 2009

Viva la Verve!

All right! I can feel those creative juices flowing again! It felt soooo good to sit down and stamp today. I really missed it! There's just something therapeutic about it... Know what I mean?

I'm one week behind on my Viva la Verve sketches! Eek! This card is actually for today's Viva la Verve. I am going to have to get crafty quickly to finish last week's and get it submitted in time to be a sketch champion for this month! :)

Amber's twist this week was to use texture on our cards. It didn't matter what kind, but it had to be there! Easy peasy! I quickly whipped out some bright, summery colors, my polka dot background stamps, and one of my favorite Verve sets and got down to business. I stamped the polka dots in Versamark and embossed with clear embossing powder to give the background some texture. Some ribbon and twine added other textures to the card. Some quick jewels and stamping and this baby was done! 20 minutes flat! Woohoo!

I need to run to the grocery store, but I can't wait to make another card! The mojo is flowing and you've gotta use it while it's there. lol

Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies-
Stamps- Verve: Miracles Blossom, PTI: Polka Dot Basics
Paper- Summer Sunrise, Berry Sorbet, Whisper White
Ink- Versamark, Berry Sorbet
Accessories- clear ep, jewels, scallop edge punch, nestabilities, ribbon, twine, button

3 comments:

  1. Sweet card! The colors are lovely!

    I know what you mean about the Mojo! Sometimes I have patience to tweak for hours on a card, sometimes I can't stand still for 5 minutes!

    I can see you have free Mojo on tap! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh Kristina I love this!! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful... as always! You have the most well put together cards... always beautiful! I love the embossing you did with the dots... :) and... congrats on the teaching offer... I hope all of that goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete