Friday, July 3, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance

Happy Friday to everyone! I haven't made any cards because I've been out playing! Yesterday, I had the opportunity to go to another taping of So You Think You Can Dance down in Hollywood. I had to be up and out the door by 4:40 a.m. and didn't get home until 10 p.m. Crazy, but so fun! We saw the pre-taping of the evening's group dance and then came back in the afternoon for the taping of the results show as well as some extra fun pre-taping dances for the 100th episode in a few weeks.

Kelly Clarkson performed, and lots of previous season dancers came back to re-dance some of the most famous routines from the show. Remember Season 2 with Travis and Heidi and the park bench... Yup, got to see that one live! AMAZING! And then Hawk and Jamie did the Butterfly and the Hummingbird routine. I've seen this one live before and I think it was more amazing this time.
The third and final routine they pre-taped for the 100th episode show was the original top 9 dancers from season 2 doing Wade Robson's "Rama Lama" routine. I saw that one live three years ago as well, and it was just as amazing now! One of the original dancers was not able to make it, so Wade himself danced the routine!! I really doesn't get much better than what I got to see yesterday!

I went hunting through Youtube and found the original dances from years past. Enjoy the feast of incredible dancing! :)

First, "Rama Lama." Choreographed by Wade Robson.




Next, The Flower and the Hummingbird, also choreographed by Wade Robson.


And lastly, the famous park bench routine choreographed by Mia Michaels.


Happy early 4th of July! I'm going to try to get some stamping time in between barbeques and fireworks.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment