Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Taylor's Sketch Challenge #120

Good morning! This card was totally and completely inspired by its future recipient. Growing up, she always had the nickname, "Ladybug" from her family. I was cruising through more sketches to play with and thought that Taylor's Sketch would make the perfect ladybug birthday card!

I started by stamping the red paper in Versamark and then embossing it with black ep. I then pulled out an oooooold stamp set that I picked up at a scrapbook convention a few years ago. I'm ashamed to admit that it has never seen the light of day or been inked since it's purchase. It was just one of those set I knew I would use someday. The bugs were just too cute to pass up! And today was just that kind of day that I knew would eventually come!

The red on the ladybugs came out a little bit funny when I took the picture. For some reason, the light was bouncing back all of the yellows and oranges in the ink, which made the ladybug look orangey-yellow instead of Pure Poppy Red. So frustrating! I played with the color tools in Photoshop to fix it up a bit, but just take my word for it when I say it really is a deep red color. Really.

I stamped the sentiment in Pure Poppy and then rocked and rolled it in black to give it a little bit of dimension as well.

Today's a nada day, and I'm going to enjoy it! Starting Friday, the craziness of life is going to be right back in my face. Two more days of solitude and quiet. *sigh* Perhaps I'll finish my book today. Or make a few cards. Or both. ;)

Thanks for stopping by!
Supplies- Stamps- Close to My Heart: Beetle Bugs, PTI: Polka Dot Basics, Verve: Happy Birthday
Paper- Whisper White, Basic Black, Pure Poppy
Ink- Pure Poppy, Basic Black, Versamark
Accessories- black ep, ribbon, nestabilities, tea dye stain, dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. Love the big polka dots :D Darling card and I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated and bring up childhood memories with the nickname.

    Enjoy your two relaxing days! I'm in the midst of VBS this week so it is a crazy busy week that produces a very tired out mommy by the end of it -- I'm not as young as I used to be LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ACK!!! this is so fun!!! LOVE those black polka dot/lady bug dots!!! LOL Fabulous :) Enjoy the peace and quiet until the fun of the wedding :) Is it out of town? Have you been practising walking in the shoes? and breaking them in? I had to do that with my wedding shoes....they weren't high, but just different and needed a little "scuffing" on the bottom for traction :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your ladybug card!
    Soooooo cuteeee!!! :)

    ReplyDelete