Sunday, July 11, 2010

Viva la Verve!

Good morning! It's warming up to be a hot day today. I think we might actually hit 90 degrees. Bleh! Thank goodness for AC. I am so thrilled to finally go to church again this morning. I literally have not been since the last weekend in May due to being out of town, illness, or what we thought was illness and was really terrible allergies. I am glad that my church posts their sermons online each week. At least I could do church at home. But I need some live worship music to sing along with! I'm ready!

I have a double challenge card to share with you today. I began with the first Viva la Verve challenge for the month of July. Amber has us walking through bathrooms this month, and the shower curtain in the second inspiration photo completely grabbed my attention. So gorgeous! I want it! I have also been mulling over Maureen's new WaCCCky color combo for us this week. It's a doozy. I think all of the colors were in this shower curtain, though, and that sent my wheels in motion. I actually really love how this card turned out. That little pop of green (and I hate Kiwi Kiss... and have to admit that it actually looks good on this card.) and some lovely My Mind's Eye dp.

Don't tell Amber, but I completely eliminated the second circle in the sketch and put a bow there instead. I just couldn't do another circle... It was stumping me! I didn't have a flower the right shade of red, so I colored it with a copic marker. A little melon berry (not berry sorbet!) button finished it off. I also stamped some Text Style on the Terracotta Tile panel to fill it up a little. Oh, and please ignore the fact that my bow covers up the "b" in "blossom." Oops! Didn't notice that until after I snapped the pictures. It's all fixed now irl.

Phew! That's enough out of me for today. Thanks for stopping by!
Supplies-
Stamps- Verve: Anais Nin PJ, PTI: Text Style
Paper- Melon Berry, Terracotta Tile, Rustic Cream, Kiwi Kiss, My Mind's Eye dp
Ink- Pure Poppy, Vintage Cream
Accessories- ribbon, button, twine, prima, copic, dimensionals, nestabilities, tea dye stain, jewels

4 comments:

  1. gorgeous again here on the blog!!! Wow, that was a good match to the shower curtain...I didn't notice that!!! LOL the ribbon, button, flower detail is my favourite :) Have a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on the inspiration piece, Kristina! Fabulous colour combo (I happen to like Kiwi LOL!). Way to bob and weave around the circles too ;) Have a fabulous day. Can't wait to "go to church" myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is truly gorgeous! You really rocked this tough color combo, and the Kiwi Kiss looks fantastic! Love that dsp, too!

    ReplyDelete