Saturday, October 9, 2010

Babies!

I know. You've heard me mention that everyone I know is pregnant lately. Well, we are down to one less preggo! My cousin and his wife had their baby on Tuesday night, and I was blessed with the opportunity to be there! It just worked out that I was able to rush over to their hospital right after work and celebrate with them when he arrived. Little Micah is perfect in every way, and I am so completely in love with him! My cousin Tim and I grew up more as brother and sister rather than cousins, so to share a piece of that indescribable moment with him was truly something I will never forget.

I went over to T & E's place today to spend a little more quality time with my new tiny cousin (is it first cousin once removed or second cousin?). He was sleeping, of course, but he was so adorable all snuggled up in my arms, having some kind of fun dream. Lots of twitching and random sudden flailing followed by deep sleep. Love him!

Here are a few pictures from the hospital on Tuesday night. Meet Micah when he was only 1 1/2 hours old.

And secondly, I have another baby card to share with you. Another cousin of mine is expecting her first baby early in the new year. My aunt wrote a few weeks back asking if I would make the shower invites for her. Yay! The request was for a lighter, more lime colored green, brown, and some polka dots. Well, that I can do! Brown, green, polka dots?! I'm in heaven making these cards! I pretty much have all of the parts ready to go and tonight and tomorrow will be the putting it all together part. All 32 of them.

Now you know why the blog has been on the quieter side. :) Lots going on, just in the mass production department rather than the individual showpiece department.

Thanks for stopping by!
Supplies-
Stamps- PTI: Bitty Baby Blessings, Round & Round
Paper- Spring Moss, Dark Chocolate, Whisper White, Turning a New Leaf dp, Pretty Pastels dp
Ink- Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories- twine, copics, dimensionals, nestabilities, apron lace punch, hole punch

2 comments:

  1. Totally adorable baby card :) Love that colour combo too! I'm sure they'll love them :)

    Cute little cousin. I always forget just how small they are when they are newborns. Mind you, when it is inside of you and you know there is only one way out, they don't seem so small LOL! I can see there is another very pregnant lady in the room with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First cousin, once removed :-). Your kids will be Micah's second cousins.

    See you on Monday!

    ReplyDelete