Monday, October 4, 2010

Verve Release Challenge Card #3

Good morning. And Happy Monday! (I'm trying to be excited about waking up early... Is it working?!) Presenting Verve's World Card Making Release Challenge #3. What's the fun in presenting cards to you in order? That's predictable. Boring. Been done before.

Now, presenting them out of order keeps you guessing as to what will come next. Ah, the mystery. The surprise. The anticipation of what the next reveal will be. That's way more fun!


So, here is my card for the third challenge. I pulled out some favorite dp, Turning a New Leaf, and some lovely greens and browns for the cardstock. I had this little Plain Jane from the last release that had yet to see any inkage, so it was high time to use it. This little sentiment square felt like the perfect opportunity. I stamped it in Old Olive and did some heavy tea dye staining around the edges. Some ribbon, button, twine action finished it up. Though, now that I look at it, I think I should have used a brown ribbon.... But I'm out! Ack! Don't panic. Don't worry, I've ordered more and it will be here this week. :)

I have an SST meeting after school today, so it's going to be a later night that usually as far as getting home from work goes. But it's all for a good reason. We're going to get this wonderful kiddo some help. :)

Well, enough out of me. Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies-
Stamps- Verve: Psalm 46:1 PJ
Paper- Spring Moss, Dark Chocolate, Whisper White, Turning a New Leaf dp
Ink- Old Olive
Accessories- ribbon, button, twine, dimensionals, tea dye stains

2 comments:

  1. beautiful, Kristina, I think the green ribbon works here :) That paper is gorgeous and you always know how to mix it just right :) Have a good day and good luck at the meeting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too cute LOL! Pep talks can work and way to mix up the sketches :) I go with the ones I can figure out easily first and work my way through that way. This time round, I'm being anal and going in order as that last sketch is going to cause me a lot of grief LOL!

    LOVE this colour combo - think it is one of my faves and you have used the colours and DP wonderfully to showcase that fabulous verse. Great card!

    Thanks for your comment on my blog. Yes, I was in tears too, and have been quite a few times Jeff has preached - total proof that the spirit is at work LOVE it :) Have a fabulous week and I look forward to your next sketch and guessing which one it will be :)

    ReplyDelete