Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Viva la Verve!

I have a little game for you today. It's called "spot how many new things Kristina played with on this one solitary card." Sounds fun, right?! It was like Christmas here at the house for the last few days with all the new goodies I have ordered arriving at the same time! I just had to sit down to create a card. I suppose it was a personal challenge to see just how many new things I could cram onto this card.

I used last Friday's Viva la Verve challenge to help this card along. Instead of being challenged by a room, we had a *twist* again. It sure felt like the old days, dreading which twist was coming each week. hehe

Amber challenged us with a sketch, as usual, but gave us a color challenge in exchange for an inspiration challenge. The colors? Brown, orange, turquoise, and white. Strange at first glance, but absolutely lovely in reality.

Ok. On to the new toys!
  1. Seam Binding Ribbon- LOVE! I've been wanting some of this forever and some of it is finally mine! I ordered a few colors to allow me to use them on different styles of cards. I can't wait to dive into them a bit more!
  2. Pins- I picked up some pins while in Joann's grabbing some thread (more on that to come). These turquoise ones just happened to go perfectly with this challenge!
  3. Stamps- Ah, new Verve. Nothing inspires, stamps, or smells quite as wonderfully. And with lightning fast shipping, these babies arrived in no time and have been calling my name from where they sat on my desk for the last two days.
  4. Sewing Machine- Yup! I have joined the sewing world! Oh, how I've been coveting a sewing machine for the longest time. To be able to stitch all kinds of fun borders and patterns. To give my cards that little extra "oomph" in decoration. One quick run on some scratch cardstock and I took the plunge on my actual card. I'm so excited to play around with it more and more!

I think that covers it all. Other than all the new stuff, there is lots of old stuff, too. Buttons, tea dye stain, dimensionals, nesties... I popped up the whole center turquoise square above the ribbon. I also stamped the pumpkin once onto the white and a second time onto dp. It's popped up for some dimension. :)

I'm so happy with how this turned out! It's like new goodies bring the best mojo of all! Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies-
Stamps- Verve: Bountiful Harvest
Paper- Hawaiian Shores, Whisper White, Dark Chocolate, Autumn Abundance dp
Ink- Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories- seam binding ribbon, pins, dimensionals, nestabilities, tea dye stain, copics, buttons, sewing machine

2 comments:

  1. EEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!I love this, Kristina!!! yay for new goodies!!!! And your stitching is FABULOUS...wow!! You are a pro already :) I knew you would love that ribbon...a dream to tie, eh? And you are so lucky to be in the US and get your stamps so quickly...I'm hoping they arrive before Christmas...lol...it's been strangely slow across the border for some reason...here's hoping for fast delivery :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to have so many new toys to play with :) You have used them wonderfully well on this card. Love the paper pieced pumpkin and way to go on the stitching.

    I was a smart girl this time and sent my Verve win to the US PO Box and it is in!! Only three short days versus 5 weeks - LOVE :) Over I go tomorrow to pick it up.

    The bookmark book wasn't Jamie and Claire, but I am reading one right now - think it is number five or six...it's the one with snow and ashes in the title. I am going to go through SERIOUS withdrawals when I'm done them all!! I just got Ken Follet's newest book at Costco and it looks to be very good (along the Pillars of the earth type of historical writing) so I'm letting myself down easy. Also got a lead on some books similar to Gabaldon's and got all four so I'm well supplied for a while. No late night reading like in the summer, so it will take me months to get through them all, but that's fine by me LOL!

    ReplyDelete