Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sweet Sunday Sketch #90

Good morning! The sun is out and shining for the first time in 8 days, and it looks to be building to a gorgeous day! Only the high 60s to low 70s today. It doesn't get more perfect than that!

I'm sitting at home this morning due to some crock pot food that didn't finish cooking overnight. One of my ministries at church is that I cook for families in need (sickness, emergencies, etc.). I new I needed to drop the food off after church while I was out their way this morning, so I put the meal in a crock pot to cook overnight. Not wanting to leave it on high for 12 hours, I set it on low and crossed my fingers. Well, apparently I should have crossed my arms, legs, and toes as well. Still not done. So, I've got it cranked up to high, sent my roomie off to church, and am hoping it finishes up sometime in the near future. Boo!

After I drop the food off, I'm off to an Open House to visit and welcome home (temporarily) a childhood friend of mine that now lives/serves in Kenya as a missionary. It's been about two years since I've seen her, therefore I am so looking forward to seeing her face. :)



Then tonight, it's pumpkin carving time!! A few girlfriends are coming over to our place for some carving fun. I have the pumpkin treats all baked and ready to go! The pumpkin pie was seriously calling my name all night long.... I need to eat it! Soon! lol

Enough rambling... On to the card! I used Karen's fantastic new sketch for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge. I love the big panel/sweet simplicity of the sketch. I knew immediately that I wanted to use my Blooming Button Bits. I was originally going to do a purple/green color theme, but for some reason the New Leaf cardstock jumped out at me when I went to grab the colors. So green and yellow it was. Very "spring-y" don't you think? Eh, spring, fall... Same thing, hehe.

Well, keep your fingers crossed for me! This food HAS to finish within the next hour so I can get where I'm going on time! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful Sunday!

Supplies-
Stamps- PTI: Blooming Button Bits
Paper- New Leaf, Whisper White, Bitty Box dp
Ink- Wild Wasabi, Barely Banana
Accessories- ribbon, buttons, ric rac die, sewing machine

1 comment:

  1. This is another PTI set I have had on my wish list forever. Love how you used it! Great rick rack and love the tab on the side.

    Have a fabulous visit with your friend and blessings to her for her service in Kenya!

    Enjoy your carving and eating time this afternoon!!

    ReplyDelete