Saturday, October 30, 2010

Viva la Verve!

Can you believe we're already into the first week of November for Viva la Verve?! This year has absolutely flown by. Tomorrow is Halloween, Veteran's Day is knocking on the door, Thanksgiving will be here before we know it, then we'll blink and it will be Christmas. Crazy!


Amber had a great sketch for us and some amazing inspiration. I immediately jumped all over the first inspiration picture. Something about all that red, cream, quilting, and apples just made me happy. I attempted to recreate my own quilted pattern on my card using various dps and background stamps. I'm relatively pleased with how it turned out.

And please try to ignore the wonky sewing around the edges. For some reason my sewing machine began to sew a bit strangely in the middle of my card. It took me just a minute too long to realize that it wasn't sewing the normal zigzag pattern before I fixed it. I'm pleased to report that it's all fixed and happy now that the card is done. Oh well!

It's a truly lazy Saturday here around the house. I most definitely fought to sleep in this morning (I hate that my body gets used to waking up at 6:30 and thinks it should do that on Saturdays as well). But I won the fight and woke up nice and refreshed. It rained pretty hard last night, but the sun was out and shining this morning! It's so crisp and clean outside. Love it! I've got some Swiss Steak cooking in the crock pot, potatoes sitting on the counter waiting for my roommate to come home and make mashed potatoes (She seriously make the best mashed potatoes). I have one card down and many more to go. I have the itch to create. Some new dp (Mitten Weather!) is also helping that crafty mojo along.

I'll leave you today with a few pictures from school yesterday. I wish I could post pictures of my kiddos! They were soooo cute! Just imagine 20 five and six year olds running around at school in full Halloween costume. Adorable!

The First Grade Teaching Team


Have a lovely Saturday!


Supplies-
Stamps- Verve: Thanks so Much, PTI: Background Basics Retro, Text Style
Paper- Pure Poppy, Vintage Cream, Bitty Dots dp, Distressed Dots dp, In Bloom dp
Ink- Pure Poppy, Vintage Cream, Tea Dye Stain
Accessories- ribbon, button, twine, nestablities, jewels, dimensionals, tea dye stains, sewing machine

1 comment:

  1. You're an adorable Dorthy, Kristina :) Love the rest of the Grade 1 staff's outfits too. Love it when the teachers go all out too. I'm sure your group were just adorable :)

    I just LOVE that insp. picture and though of you and your Kraft DP with serious jealously because I don't have what it takes to use this insp. picture LOL! Have to go with B or C and there is that nasty off angel panel to boot - ugh! You've done a great job with the card. Love the quilt pattern you created and those big loops around the edges. Lovely :)

    Congrats again on your win :) I loved a ton of the stamps but don't have the budget right now - biiiig pouty face LOL! The script Julee uses is simply amazing and those dies...lots on my wish list :) Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete