Saturday, July 21, 2012

Stamp-a-Faire- Knots

After a quick lunch break, I'm back with card number two for Papertrey Ink's Stamp-a-Faire. I am having such a blast playing along with the challenges and earning some badges!

Speaking of badges, this second card also helped me earn my first badge. Yay! This challenge was all about ribbon and using ribbon in new, fun, familiar, and exciting ways on our cards.

I chose to work with Dawn's challenge since it was a bit nostalgic for me. When I was first getting into stamping and blogging, I stunk at tying bows. Terrible.  Even the memory of some of my first months of cards makes me shiver.  Dawn had posted a how-to video waaay back when and I must have watch that ribbon-tying video at least a dozen times.  Armed with ribbon in hand, I practiced and practiced... And goodness, I'm so glad I did!  


Thanks Dawn for the fun challenge!


The roomie and I are off to a friend's house for a little bit to take part in some Christmas in July movie madness! We're lining up some of the BEST cheesy Christmas movies and dreaming of cooler weather. Sounds perfect!

I'll be back to the stamping this evening.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies-
Stamps- PTI: Tag-Its #1, Inside & Out- Thank You, Mat Stack 4 Collection
Paper- Smokey Shadow, Whisper White, Aqua Mist Pattern Pack, Aqua Mist
Ink- Basic Gray, Aqua Mist
Accessories- Turning a New Leaf die, ribbon, dimensionals, nestabilities, Mat Stack 4 die, score tool

2 comments:

  1. Was wondering if you would be playing along. Love the colour combo and how you did the sentiment banner. Great card and well earned badge :) Enjoy the movies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, your ribbon is just yummy! Seems like we were all inspired way back...it obviously was a video well done! Your party sounds fun! What a great idea.. it took our summer so long to get here that I'm not complaining about the heat! LOL Even with the A/C not hooked up yet.

    ReplyDelete