Saturday, July 21, 2012

Stamp-a-Faire- Make-n-Take

Good morning stamping friends!  I am up a little earlier than normal this morning to take part in Papertrey Ink's Stamp-a-Faire.  A day when the stamping community "goes to stamp camp" in the comfort of our own homes (and air-conditioning!).
Nichole started bright and early (hello 7a.m. on the east coast!) and I most definitely was not up at 4a.m. stamping.  Nope.  Not during the summer! I mozied on out of bed around 9 o'clock!  I figured the stamping could wait for me. :)

Our first warm-up challenge was a make-n-take.  Nichole gave us all of the card paper colors, dimensions, and instructions to get us crafting. I, unfortunately, don't have the featured stamp set (yet!), so I pulled out my other favorite floral set, Rosie Posie.  I think I could use this stamp set on every card. Love!  I stamped the largest flower, and since it didn't have any middle stamping options, I got a little creative with my copic markers, adding some highlighting with a few oranges and pinks.  I have to admit that I have never used copics on top of solid stamps before. I can proudly admit that I am a new convert! 

I pulled out leaves from Turning a New Leaf, little dots from Harvest Berries, and a sentiment from Signature Greetings. I am usually not a Raspberry Fizz paper fan, but I love how this card turned out! 

Thanks for the warm up, Nichole! 

Next, off to earn my first "summer stamp camp" badge! Yay!
Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies-
Stamps- PTI: Rosie Posie, Turning a New Leaf, Harvest Berries, Signature Greetings
Paper- Raspberry Fizz, Whisper White, Velum
Ink- Orange Zest, Memento Tuxedo Black, Kiwi Kiss, Regal Rose
Accessories- score tool, score tape, corner rounder punch

2 comments:

  1. Great use of those bright colours :) Lovely job on this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant blog information.It's really helpful.......:-)

    ReplyDelete