Friday, July 27, 2012

Retro Sketch

Good morning! I am soaking up the cool mountain air and some great music while I'm at it.  Happy camper.


Before I left for the mountains, I whipped up this card to have something to break up the blog silence over the weekend.  I used this week's Retro Sketch and took a not from Marisa, tilting the tag panel to add a little visual interest in the card.  I started with it straight, but it just felt  too narrow.  So, tilting it was.  I used a bunch of stitching with my sewing machine, a gorgeous PTI doily die (love these things, and they are so under-used by me!), and some flower/button/twine action.  I've had this little leaf die cut for months, just sitting on my desk. Lonely. Begging to be used. Someday.  Well, that day has finally come! It was one of those scraps (literally six months old or longer...) that I knew I would be able to use on a card someday. So glad I kept it!

It's back to the crisp, clean mountain air and some music on the side for me.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies-
Stamps- PTI: Mat Stack 2 Collection
Paper- Kraft, Whisper White, Crate Paper- Paper Heart Collection, Simply Chartreuse
Ink- Red Riding Hood, Kiwi Kiss
Accessories- buttons, twine, MFT tag die, PTI- Mat Stack 2 die, doily die, flower die, SU leaves die, slot punch, ribbon, sewing machine, dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. oh, I love how these colours really pop on kraft! Sah-weet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally gorgeous card! Love the papers and the layers on the tag. Think was overchlorinated when I tilted the panel LOL! Actually, can tilt tags and hearts but when there are multiple tilts I go into a tailspin LOL!

    Enjoy the cool mountain air, taking pics, visiting with family and of course, reading :)

    ReplyDelete