Thursday, May 14, 2009

Open House

Here are some pictures of my classroom this year, as promised. My parent helpers did an INCREDIBLE job putting up my room this year. With the bum arm, there was no possible way I could have made it look even a tiny bit as good as they made me look!

I had a good turn out: all but 3 kids came with their parents. I've had better years, but they've all been different. I'm so glad it's over and I can now focus on finishing the year up. We only have 14 days of school left! Crazy!

It's a little sad to think that this is my last Open House at this school. I'm still being laid-off due to the budget cuts coming from Sacramento. I am a tenured teacher, but the cuts are so severe that the pain is being felt deeply. I've had four wonderful years here and it has been my home; a wonderful home.

1 comment:

  1. You're a teacher!! For me Teacher = Hero of War. By the way, one of my best friends is married to a teacher near Sacramento, in Marysville, CA. His name is Elwyn, maybe you know him...:-) I know it's improbable, but I thought I might ask! :-)

    I am so sorry you have to leave...:-) Sooo, this means more time for cards, yay :-)

    ReplyDelete