Monday, May 11, 2009

Viva la Verve!

Amber was nice to me this week and gave us all a sketch that has not one circle on it! Hooray! (Pearls don't count) Thanks, Amber! I don't know what it is about circle images or accents. They just make me work. It always takes me forever to figure out how to make them look good. They try my patience- that's the phrase I'm looking for. I like me some nice corners, straight lines... clean.

Anyways, on to the card. I love how this card turned out. When I first saw that the twist this week was a color challenge, and that we had to use some shade of green and blue, my first thought was pastels... and I don't use very many pastels. So, Wild Wasabi and Not Quite Navy to the rescue! I've had this dp by Basic Grey sitting around for about a year and it turned out to be the perfect moment to employ it! I pulled the colors from the dp and went from there.

This is another simple card.... I'm still working mostly right handed. I just can't grip anything, push anything, put pressure on anything with the left arm yet... grrrr. I'm ready for all the weirdness to go away now, thanks. Though there are a few layers of paper, nothing is popped up. The only embellishments are the pearls. Clean, simple, and beautiful.

Thanks for stopping by!
Supplies-
Stamps- Verve: Meditations
Paper- Wild Wasabi, Not Quite Navy, Very Vanilla, Basic Grey dp
Ink- Not Quite Navy, Wild Wasabi
Accessories- Pearls, sponge

1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful! I have seen this sketch yesterday and been very tempted to try it :-)

    ReplyDelete