Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Viva la Verve!

Wow. I think this is the latest in the week I've ever completed a Viva la Verve sketch. Darn elbow. This once again is pretty much a right-handed card. No crazy cutting out, no popped-up images, just a straight forward card.
This week's twist was to be inspired by something in our own homes. I took my inspiration 5 feet out my front door. We have this HUGE climbing hedge of star jasmine that bursts into bloom about this time every year. It smells absolutely AMAZING right now! Love it! It was the first thing I thought of when I saw the twist this week. I was inspired by the colors and the vine-y look of it.


So, I whipped out some of my new stamps by Papertreyink because they immediately reminded me of the jasmine hedge. I still had all of the green paper sitting out from yesterday, so this card came together in decent time.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies-
Stamps- PTI: Beyond Basic Borders
Paper- Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Bitty Dots dp
Ink- Old Olive, Basic Black
Accessories- SU scallop punch, ribbon, button, twine

2 comments:

  1. I love the sketch! And your card does it justice! :-) Gotta try it myself today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You work one-handedly?? Now I officially feel guilty for not making a card in the last couple of days....:-)

    ReplyDelete