Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sweet Sunday Sketch #31

Good afternoon!

I'm back in California and attempting to get back to life. Everything got a little crazy while I was gone. I did end up getting the teaching position in South Pasadena! I'm officially a first grade teacher this year! They're getting smaller and smaller on me. I started out in third grade, then went to second for three years... Now I'm getting the tinier guys. Should be lots of fun though! My summer is officially coming to a close, but I am feeling so incredibly blessed to have a job when it was looking like that was an impossibility. God is good!

I have about one week to set up my classroom before staff development and school start.... It's going to get a little crazy around here. Don't be too concerned if I disappear from the blog for a day or two...

It felt so good to sit down and stamp today. I immediately started with Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch for this week.... and she threw some LAYERS at us! Ack! I reached for some coordinating SU dp, and got cranking.

Some simple layering, a few little jewels in the corners, and a big bow (of course) finished off the card. I made the main panel a little smaller to fit the sentiment and made the indicated sentiment the bow. I guess I cheated a little, lol. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies-
Stamps- Verve: Beautiful Kindness
Paper- Red Riding Hood, So Saffron, Whisper White, Washington Apple dp
Ink- Red Riding Hood
Accessories- ribbon, jewels

6 comments:

  1. Love the ribbon & jewels you added to this sketch! Congrats on the job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back and congrats on the job!! I taught Gr. 1 for 5 years and they were my most rewarding years...it's a magical year although they are so small in September!! I was even invited to the Gr. 12 graduation of one of my former Gr. 1's this year. You will love it. Great card...I'm off to do mine...I hear ya on the layers...it may be another pink card with the paper from last week. Love how you used the coordinating paper and the ribbon is divine!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I wish I would have stocked up on all that paper :) Love the ribbon you added and the bling too, looks fab! My daughter is in 1st grade and so excited for school to start this week - congrats on your new job, that's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great Kristina! How did I miss this yesterday? I saw your comment (thanks by the way) and thought... hey... I didn't visit her yesterday! So sorry! You should really teach me how to tie a ribbon! Your ribbons are always so neat and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! I am such a bad friend! Congratulations on your job! That is awesome! God IS Good... all the time! :)

    ReplyDelete