Friday, August 21, 2009

Viva la Verve!

I'm back! And I alive, for the most part. I cannot believe it has only been one week since I came back from vacation. I think I could swear up and down at this moment that at least one month has gone by. I don't think I could have packed any more into the last seven days!

I've been working like a maniac in my classroom, trying to move in and get set up for the first day of school. It's a new grade level to me, so the list of supplies I need to get are endless. The classroom was missing a ton of basic things (i.e. a stapler, tape, ruler, etc.) which was making it a little difficult to put up walls. I managed to borrow a few things from teachers and the office, but quickly rushed out to buy them the next day.

I did succeed to roping a few people into coming with me to help out. (yay!) Thanks to Mom, Brian, and my roomie, Amy, things are moving along nicely. I think I'm officially out of the "panic" stage, and into the "concerned" stage. hee

School starts on the first, so I still have a few days next week before staff development begins to square things away. It's gonna be race to the end for sure!

We did escape my classroom for two nights in a row to see 'Spamalot' down in Los Angeles, and 'Fiddler on the Roof' down in Orange County. Topol was starring as the lead... So incredible! I think I sat there with a giddy smile on my face the whole time. Watching him sing "If I Were a Rich Man" was pretty unforgettable.

Anyways, I got home from working in my classroom today determined to sit and stamp something. My new Verve stamps came in the mail yesterday and have been calling my name all day long! :)

I used Amber's new sketch this week, and her twist was to use our favorite color combo. I have several favorites, but this is a combo I always end up gravitating to. Love that dark aqua and brown together. It just makes me smile!

I popped up the oval, colored with my copics, and colored a little glitter pen onto the blossoms, but you would never know it from this picture.

Thanks for stopping by tonight! I'm soooo looking forward to getting some more stamping in this weekend!
Supplies-
Stamps- Verve: Budding Blossoms, Bountiful Backgrounds

Paper- Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Ocean Mist (PTI), Paper Loft dp
Ink- Chocolate Chip, Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories- ribbon, copics, Spica glitter pen, nestabilities, dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Kristina! I love that color combo! I kept checking my list over and over to make sure I wasn't just missing any of your posts! I am glad to know that my blogger isn't doing funky stuff but I am sorry that you have been so busy! But hey... I guess it is really a good thing right? I am so happy that you found a job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful!! And this post answers my question I left a few minutes ago!! I love the background stamp and ordered it as well, hoping it arrives on Monday so I can use my new sets on this sketch :) That is a perfect ribbon and bow!!

    ReplyDelete