Sunday, August 30, 2009

Viva la Verve!

Wow. It feels like forever since I've done a Viva la Verve sketch. I think it's really only been two weeks, but still! Julee is playing substitute for Amber while she's on vacation. It's a great sketch this week, with a fun twist! The twist was to use little round things. I loved that this sketch allowed me to opportunity to play with my new EK Success punches!I picked these up at Michael's a few weeks ago and they had been sitting, neglected in my punch drawer, waiting for their shining moment. That moment finally came!

As for the color combo, I took inspiration from one of the new dp sets in the SU catalog. I don't have the dp, but I do have the colors! I felt like this card would be way too busy if I had used dp anyways. It's a great solid color sketch card.

I also pulled out my Wishing You set from PTI to use the tulip image. I thought it would fit this long, tall panel well, and it has "rounded" edges at the top! Perfect! My last little round things are the jewels that I clumped around the sentiment.

This card is going to be headed off to Pittsburgh within the next week to one of my old college roommates. She and her husband will be celebrating their second wedding anniversary on the 15th. Her wedding was so much fun! It was the first time in several years our whole college gang reassembled, and in Pittsburgh instead of Southern California, no less. We all stayed in the same hotel, and pretty much got no sleep the entire weekend. Good times, good times.

The picture does have a story behind it. There were five of us roommates. Heather (the head) was the first to move away after college. Therefore, we made her head and bring it with us to all major events where we are all getting together. Due to some really unfortunate timing, Heather wasn't able to be in the wedding and make it out to Pittsburgh. So... the head came instead. We had to get some photos with Heather in them! This picture is therefore all five of us roomies.

So Leesh, this one's for you! :) Love you my roomie!

Thanks for stopping by!
Supplies-
Stamps- PTI: Wishing You...
Paper- Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Orchid Opulence
Ink- Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry
Accessories- EK Success edge punch, stickles, jewels, dimensionals, Old Olive ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment