Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Sweet Sunday Sketch #39

Has it really only been two weeks since I've made a card? It sure seems a whole lot longer than that. Sheesh!

Well, it's a gorgeously rainy day here in So Cal, and I actually stayed home from work thanks to a lovely cold a kid graciously shared with me. Since I'm not so incredibly achy today, I decided to brave sitting for a little while to make a card. The craft room is still in shambles, a definite work in progress, but I couldn't ignore the call of my stamps any longer. :) I also have tons of new paper goodness to play with from the Scrapbook Convention.

I fell in love with this Cosmo Cricket paper the moment I saw it. What fun colors!! And I really can't resist polka dots.

I used Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch to help this card along. I kept this card pretty simple, as usual. The oval kind of threw me for a loop at first. I couldn't figure out what stamp to use in it. I really wanted to use a "fall" stamp, preferably a sentiment, but I couldn't find just the right one. So, out came the trees to create my own "fall" scene. I popped up the oval panel, added some twine and a cute little bow (using a fun new technique that I read about on Nichole Heady's blog yesterday!). I love using ribbon and bows, so new ways to use 'em are always welcome!

Oh, and for my picture, I tried out a piece of colored paper in the background to make the cream-based card stand out a little bit more. I also used my new natural lighting lamp to help out since I take most of my pictures in the evening or at night during the week. Not too shabby, eh?

Well, that's about it out of me today. I think I'm off to lounge in bed some more and warm back up. It was so fun turning on the heater today for the first time in months!

Thanks for stopping by!
Supplies-
Stamps- PTI: Everyday Button Bits
Paper- More Mustard, Very Vanilla, Cosmo Cricket Early Bird dp
Ink- Chocolate Chip
Accessories- Aqua Mist ribbon, buttons, twine, dimensionals, nestabilities

5 comments:

  1. what a cute card! love the yellow polka dot :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristina.. this is just GORGEOUS. Cuteness perfection!!

    xx Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, wow! what fantastic paper!! Whew! I love it!! It goes perfectly with the aqua ribbon...love the bow and buttons...hope you're feeling better...we're all healthy at work, but there are rumblings of the H1N1 in our district...it's in our city now, just haven't had any cases at school yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is SO cute! i love the button trees! I hope you are feeling better soon - welcome back to blog land :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute, Kristina! Love, love, love the Cosmo Cricket and Button Bits.

    ReplyDelete