Saturday, October 31, 2009

Viva la Verve!

Happy Halloween! Completely out of sync with today, I have a Christmas card for yesterday's Viva la Verve challenge. I guess I can't win them all, lol. My new Verve stamps came in the mail this last week, and I've been anxious to ink up a few of them.

Amber threw us an absolute doosy of a challenge this week, too. It was a 1-2-3 challenge. We were only allowed to use:

1 kind of embellishment
2 cardstock colors (plus a neutral)
3 stamps

Since I was using ornaments for my stamps, I decided to use traditional Christmas colors of cardstock. My embellishment is stickles. I added stardust stickles to the ornaments and the holly leaves, and red to the berried.

I hope you are all having a wonderful Halloween! I think I'm going to stay home and hand out candy to the trick-or-treaters... but my roomie, Amy, is working hard on convincing me that we should go to Disneyland tonight and watch the Halloween fireworks. I'm starting to lean in her direction. Especially with daylight savings being tonight.... I'm not so worried about being out a little later, knowing that I get an extra hour of sleep. :) I love fall daylight savings!

Thanks for stopping by today!
Supplies-
Stamps- Verve: Holly Jolly
Paper- Whisper White, Garden Green (SU), Pure Poppy, Bitty Dots dp (PTI)
Ink- Garden Green, Red Riding Hood, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories- copics, stickles, MS border punch, nestabilities, dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. Boy, you can't tell you don't like circles!! They are even freaking me out this week!LOL Actually the 1 embellishment is throwing me for a loop...I want to use snowflakes and ribbon!! I may just make my snowflakes from stamped images once my new Verve stamps arrive this week :) Love the lace border...looks like faux ribbon...may have to do that too :)

    ReplyDelete