Monday, April 6, 2009

My Green Thumb

I actually escaped from my desk and making cards today and planted my summer veggie garden! I plant this every spring break. Yeah, be jealous all you people still drowning in snow! My mom was laughing that she won't get to plant anything for another two months! So Cal does have its advantages...

Unfortunately, I don't exactly have a spot in my backyard that gets enough sunshine and open dirt to plant them in, so I have to plant everything in pots... but its better than nothing!

What made the cut this year? Tomatoes, bell peppers, jalapenos, burpless cucumbers, pickling cucumbers, green beans, artichoke. Still looking for that mini watermelon I tried last year...

There is nothing better than fresh fruits and veggies during the summer. It makes the heat bearable. My beautiful plants are itty bitty for now, but in a few months, I'll be in veggie heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment