Thursday, April 2, 2009

Viva la Verve!

Phew! I think my mojo is coming back! The card yesterday just never did "feel" quite right. You know what I mean. I can't figure out what I don't like about it... but it's there all the same.

So it's been kind of an up and down day. The phone rang at 6:15 this morning. A friend of our family's father passed away suddenly, and then I got an e-mail from one of my friends from college saying that his father was just given 6 months at most to live. Sometimes when it rains, it pours.

Work was good today. Spring Break begins at 2:45 tomorrow, and boy do the kids (and me) know it! It's so hard trying to cram everything in before break. All projects need to be finished. We've got to wrap up that chapter in math, 'cause it'll be gone when they come back from break! We've got two weeks until state testing... it's cram time.

I squeezed in a little time to make this card today. It's my submission for this week's Viva la Verve sketch challenge. This week's challenge was to use a sentiment stamp only. Easy peasy! I love the look of Soft Sky and browns together. I used my Swiss Dots embossing folder with my cuttlebug to emboss one of the layers. I also used up the remains of this yummy chocolate brown ribbon! Where, oh, where did I buy this?! I NEED more! Time to go hunting, lol!

Thanks for stopping by!



Supplies-
Stamps- Everlasting Life
Paper- Baja Breeze, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Whisper White, My Mind's Eye dp
Ink- Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories- Ribbon, dimensionals, cb, embossing folder, SU scallop punch, nesties


No comments:

Post a Comment