Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Salvage & Complete

That was the mission. I've apparently been in a very indecisive color mood lately when making cards, and I have several just-begun, partially stamped, pieced together cards lying in a pile. I was bound and determined to finish a few of them.

This one was inspired by a card Dawn McVey made last week. See it here. I just loved the simple layers and the main single, simple image. I thought it would make a great CASE for one of the scraps I had lying around. I had begun this card for a Viva la Verve challenge, but promptly switched angles. I kept the stamping at the bottom, but added a few more layers and some punching. Got to use my new EK Success punch that I bought the other day! LOVE it! I also clear embossed the scallop image for some sheen.

Thanks for stopping by!


Supplies-
Stamps- SU: Polka Dot Punches, Short & Sweet, Verve: Filigree Fantasy
Paper- Groovy Guava, Wild Wasabi, Ginger Blossom dp
Ink- Groovy Guava, Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark
Accessories- ribbon, EK Success wavy punch, SU scallop punch, clear ep

1 comment: