Thursday, April 16, 2009

Verve Release Challenge Card #3

Yup, number three! One more to go! Phew! I decided to change up the color palette a little bit for this card. I picked up some great Paper Loft dp at a scrapbook convention a few months back, and it was calling my name. The dp also allowed me to used some much neglected Bravo Burgundy. Great color, seldom use it. This is one of my favorites from Verve stamps. It makes me sing every time I read it.

It's a pretty basic card. I double stamped the butterfly, cut out the top one, and popped up its wings. I also traced the outline of the butterfly and the word "God" with my Spica glitter pen to give it some sparkle.

I'm bracing myself for our "hearing" tomorrow with lawyers and vs. the district office. The lawyers were hired by CTA to make sure that the district isn't just walking all over us, but rather that everything is being handled legally and fairly. I'm definitely taking a book as I'll mostly be sitting in the audience to show my support. We had a pre-trial meeting yesterday and the lawyer said he might call me up the witness stand to talk about a few things... eek! This whole process probably isn't going to save many, if any, jobs, but it could help my resume out a little bit. The whole "job" issue is looking more and more dire as time goes by. LA Unified just approved the laying-off of over 6500 positions! Ack! Meanwhile, I'm turning in more applications, anywhere and everywhere there is a chance they'll take me.

Well, I'm to crank out the last card for the challenge! Thanks for stopping by!




Supplies-
Stamps- Verve: Beautiful Kindness, Psalm 46:10
Paper- Bravo Burgundy, Apricot Appeal, Very Vanilla, Paper Loft dp
Ink- Chocolate Chip, Bravo Burgundy
Accessories- brads, circle punch, scallop circle punch, spica glitter pen, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment