Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Verve Release Challenge Card #1

Good evening! One of my favorite stamp companies is releasing some new stamps this Friday. In celebration, Verve has posted four card challenges that must be completed by Friday... The reward?! Stamps! Yay! This is definitely going to keep me busy for a while, but I can't complain about something I love!

For this card, I went with some soft tones, Baja Breeze, Kraft, and Whisper White. I stamped the verse in Chocolate Chip, wiped off some of the words and then sponged on some Baja Breeze ink.

I decided to give the bow with a button technique another try. This time I tried twisting the ribbon around a little bit more and had some success! I'm lovin' this new way to embellish my cards! Now I just need to stock up on buttons!

I'm back at work, and am definitely feeling like I need a vacation from my vacation. It's always harder to wake up on day 2 back. The first day is full of adrenaline. Day 2 is crash and burn. But I am enjoying being back in my classroom with my kiddos. We're cramming before state testing in two weeks. Definitely no time to waste!

I'm off to Bible study in a few hours. We're having a potato social this evening since we're on Spring Break from out actual study. I'm bringing the bacon!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies-
Stamps- Verve: Psalm 51:10 PJ
Paper- Whisper White, Kraft, Baja Breeze, My Mind's Eye dp
Ink- Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze
Accessories- ribbon, button, EK Success punch, twine

No comments:

Post a Comment