Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sweet Sunday Sketch #11

Good evening. Wow. I cannot believe it has been over a week since I made card! Time flies when you are having fun!

So, let's just get down to business here. I wanted to squeeze in Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch again this week. I've never made a card with these dimensions before and was slightly intrigued. So now I have this great card, and no envelope to fit it! Ha! Anyways, I've seen a bunch of blue and orange being used lately, and it's totally put me in the mood for spring. I figured, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. So here's my orange and blue card!

I stamped the butterfly in Bashful Blue and then embossed it with clear ep and some light blue glitter. I decided to sponge around the frames with some orange.

I feel like the card is missing a little something at the top, but I can't quite figure out what it might be.... Maybe I'll fiddle with it a little more later on. But for now it just feels nice to have finished one and get back into the groove. Sorry for the dark picture. It's dark outside... need that natural light!

Supplies- Stamps- Verve: Circular Sayings, Beautiful Kindness
Paper- Bashful Blue, Tangerine Tango, Summer Picnic dp
Ink- Bashful Blue, Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories- ribbon, clear ep, light blue glitter, dimensionals, slot punch, sponge

3 comments:

  1. Hi Karen! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment on my card. I came to see what you did with the sketch and I love the colors you chose! Don't you love it when your DP has built in accents that line up with the sketch you're trying to do? I like how you glittered the butterfly wings and I really love that circular Verve sentiment. I've had my eye on those for a while now. I laughed when I read that you shared my dilemma over finding an envelope to fit your card. I went digging through my envelope stash and found some money card envelopes that were blank and would work for this size card. They were a bit taller than what I needed but that's okay. I'm sure I will be hand delivering this one anyway to preserve the butterfly:) I'm off to explore your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Love the colors and the butterfly. Nice job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I think it's great just the way it is - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete