Thursday, April 9, 2009

New Toys!

I've been eyeing this Sizzix set at Michael's for a while now, and finally decided to use my 40% off coupon to buy it this week. I just had to make a card to break it in!

I was cruising through blogs yesterday, and stumbled across this card by Heather Nichols. I just loved the colors on it! I decided a *very* obvious CASE was needed. I just love everything about her card. Well, I kept the colors, the "general" layout and the colors, but changed the location of the sentiment (and the sentiment), punched the bottom with my EK Success punch, omitted a layer of ribbon, and obviously used my Sizzix die instead of stamping. I did lots of sponging with white ink to give it a softer look.

Thanks for stopping by!




Supplies-
Stamps- Verve: Heartfelt Phrases, SU: Polka Dot Background
Paper- Not Quite Navy, Certainly Celery, Groovy Guava, Kraft, Very Vanilla
Ink- Moonlight White (Archival), Not Quite Navy
Accessories- Sizzix die, EK Success punch, ribbon, button, twine

1 comment:

  1. Love your color inspiration challenge card with the butterflies! I am soooo glad to have found your card using that Sizzix die! Everytime I go to JoAnn's and Michael's I look at it and walk by, now I am going to buy it with my 50% coupon! Thanks so much! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete