Saturday, January 23, 2010

Mercy's Tuesday Sketch #57

Good afternoon! I just had to break into some of my new goodies from CHA yesterday and make a card today. My new Be Loved paper by My Mind's Eye was calling my name. And Mercy's Tuesday sketch was staring at me from my computer desktop. I matched it up with some cream and terracotta tile cardstock and got to work. I thought this bunch of flowers from my Blooming Button Bits set mimicked the dp beautifully and opted to make them my main image.

I was supposed to go to a Stampin' Up get together today, but am feeling a little under the weather. I've been fighting something since Thursday night and I'm think I used up just a little bit too much energy yesterday. On top of that, I slept terribly last night. Today just sounds like a good day to lay low, stay home, eat food, drink lots of liquids, and nip this thing in the bud.

The sun finally reappeared today and it is simply gorgeous outside. I love how clean it feels after a rainstorm... And after six days of rainstorms it feels really clean! Our house backs right up to the foothills and they are all covered in perfectly white snow today. It must have been cold up there! It sounds like we are going to get two more days of sunshine before yet another storm makes its way through. But you won't find me complaining about having weather. Here is Southern California, it is fun just to have weather! Don't get me wrong, I love sunshine, but something to break it up and keep life interesting is always welcome.

Have a wonderful Saturday and I'll see you back here tomorrow with another card!
Supplies- Stamps- PTI: Blooming Button Bits, Mega Mixed Messages
Paper- Very Vanilla, Terracotta Tile, Be Loved dp
Ink- Sage Shadow, Really Rust
Accessories- ribbon, buttons, apron lace punch, dimensional

2 comments:

  1. Cute card, Kristina :D Love button flowers, and I can now join the ranks of those with the apron lace punch - yeah :D Hope you are having a nice restful day and able to kick the bug before it gets you. Looking forward to hearing more about CHA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy, yummy paper!! I think my friend has this paper too...may have to look for it when the dh and I do our road trip tomorrow...we'll be stopping at a great scrapbooking store :) It really is perfect for the button bit flowers and terracotta tile :) Hope you're feeling better...I'm feeling like I'm getting a sore throat...and little achy as well. I couldn't miss Monday as we've lots of things going on in class..but I could Tuesday ;)

    ReplyDelete