Sunday, January 10, 2010

Taylor's Sketch Challenge #97

Good morning! And happy Sunday! It felt wonderful to sleep in for a bit this morning. I had a wonderful time with my extended family last night. It was definitely an evening full of good food, and some serious laughs.

Other than church today, my plans mainly consist of getting some quality stamping time in, maybe reading for a while... And I think some of us girls are getting together this evening to go see "The Princess and the Frog." What can we say? We're still kids at heart. :) Oh, and I'm most definitely going to cheer for the Green Bay Packers today as they duke it out with the Arizona Cardinals in the first round of playoffs! My jersey is all washed and ready! My mom finally sent me the pictures off of her camera from the game. Here's one of my favorites. And I figured today was the most appropriate day to share it! :)

I love Taylor's sketch this week. It's definitely one of those that I'll use over and over and over again. The circle did work me a little bit, and it took me about five different stamps before I found one that worked the way I envisioned. Marisa inspired me to return to one of my first loves, adding buttons on my bows. I've made several cards this weekend with buttons on my bows. I'd forgotten how much I love that look! Thank goodness Marisa made a card last week that brought me back to my roots, lol. Thanks, Marisa!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend! Thanks for stopping by!
Supplies-
Stamps- PTI: Blooming Button Bits, Mega Mixed Messages
Paper- Spring Moss, Ripe Avocado, Dark Chocolate, Whisper White, Turning a New Leaf dp
Ink- Old Olive, Chocolate Chip
Accessories- ribbon, button, twine, dimensionals, nestabilities

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love all this new leaf goodness!! I'm still mulling over how to use the paper and stamps together...you inspire me :) I also like how you say circles only bothered you a "little bit"....you are working them for sure now!! Have a fun day... I'm off to mass too, food shopping, laundry and I hope some more stamping :) DH is away working until tomorrow night :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I just got this dp recently but haven't cracked it open yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too sweet, Kristina. Thanks for the honorable mention and glad your button and bows team are back in action :D Your card is fabulous! I just love leaves and you have knocked this one out of the park!

    Love the the sign in the picture :D Hope it got on TV :D

    We took the kids to see Princess and the Frog. It is a cute story. The downside for me was the "dark" side of the movie. Felt it was a bit too dark for some of the younger, more sensitive kids as I could see them having some nightmares, but then that is the protective mom in me :D Hope you enjoy it - the alligator is too cute :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very pretty! I love the buttons that you used as the flowers! Great job with TES97!

    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete