Friday, January 29, 2010

Mojo Monday

Good morning! My card that I have to share with you today is actually last week's Mojo Monday sketch. I had a sudden burst of inspiration and had to play! I barely squeaked it in for submission on Sunday evening, but saved it for later this week to share with you all.
It's a pretty basic, simple card, but I'm quite pleased with it. I pulled out some really old SU dp. I think it is called Summer Picnic. I can't even remember which catalog it was in... but it was a few of them ago. When I saw this oval on the sketch I immediately thought of my little branch and birdie from Cheep Talk. So cute! The curved sentiments didn't really work with the location, however, so I dipped into my Upsy Daisy set for this birthday sentiment. The only thing on this card not by SU is the ribbon. I didn't have any Pumpkin Pie ribbon and it just absolutely needed to be orange. I practiced tying the bow a bit more and I think there is some definitely improvement! Yay!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies-
Stamps- SU: Cheep Talk, Upsy Daisy
Paper- Bashful Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Summer Picnic dp
Ink- Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Bashful Blue
Accessories- ribbon, nestabilties, dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. What a fun card, Kristina :D That is such a cute set. Love the bright colours you used and your bows are coming along wonderfully :D Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute :) i love that little bird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cheerful card!! That little birdie is so cute :) The birds outside my house are not happy this morning...it's snowing!! Ah, I knew winter wasn't over yet. You are encouraging me to go through my old paper. I'm gettting quite the collection and will never use it all. A friend suggested I take the old stuff to school and let the kids use it for writing or crafts...I think I might. It's too pretty to throw away :) Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete