Saturday, January 9, 2010

Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge #55

Good morning! Thank goodness it's the weekend! I went to bed last night at 8:45, lol. The first week back after vacation always feels long and I'm so tired by the end.... Now imagine 20 six and seven year-olds feeling the same way. I'm sure they're glad it's the weekend also!!

I have a nice, relaxing day planned, which most definitely includes some stamping time. The only thing scheduled today is a little birthday dinner for my Uncle. I think I might also work on hanging a piece of art that I purchased yesterday at Pier 1 (love that store... And thanks Heather for the gift card!). Since moving to our new place we haven't managed to put anything up on the walls yet and it's beginning to feel a little empty. Hopefully this will help it feel a little more home-y.

Today is also my Mom's birthday! Happy Birthday, Mom! I love you so much!

The card I have to share with you today was actually made a few days ago, but I'm just now getting around to posting it. I used Mercy's Tuesday sketch for this week. I'm not sure polka dots work in the background, now that it's all said and done.... But it's too late now! :)

Have a wonderful, relaxing Saturday!
Supplies-
Stamps- Verve: Thankful Accents, PTI: Background Basics Diamonds, Polka Dot Backgrounds
Paper- Lemon Tart, Basic Gray, Whisper White
Ink- Barely Banana, Basic Gray
Accessories- ribbon, MS edge punch, nestabilities, jewels

3 comments:

  1. I hear you on the first week back. I look as bad as I feel LOL! Having to change my schedule back to "school hours" after going to bed at midnight to 1:00 a.m. and getting up around 9:00 a.m. over the two week break came to an abrupt halt this week. Only bad part is I was still getting to bed late but having to get up 2+ hours earlier. Body hit the wall on Friday LOL! Glad you get a down weekend to recover :D

    Lovely job with Mercy's sketch. Nice colour combo and I love the MS punch down the side. The little "thingy" for lack of a better word around the sentiment is perfect and I lvoe the two gem stones on either side of the sentiment and in the corners. Great card :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the yellow!! And I love that MS punch!! I was in Michaels today but I don't think they are carrying yet...I got the big butterfly punch insteady ;) Sounds like a fun weekend...nice and quiet...that's the way I like it and I've been gone for 3 weeks...I will be exhausted next week!! LOL And it's probably going to be busy with the Verve release...I could really get into staying home for a while...coccooning...have a wonderful Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. kristina...this is so gorgeous! love the bright and sunny colors, the bg stamps, and that beautiful border!

    thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week...you did a fabulous job! :)

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete