Sunday, January 24, 2010

Viva la Verve!

Good morning and Happy Sunday! It's another beautiful day down here and the temperature is already a few degrees warmer than our high temp yesterday! Maybe I'll open a few windows later this afternoon and let in some fresh air.

I'm trying to catch back up with my Viva la Verve sketches. This is the fourth, but I still need to go back and do the second. So be on the lookout for another VLV on here sometime this week. :)

I was quite inspired by the third inspiration picture this week. I love the streaks of brown with the hints of rust on the walls. Such a bold statement! I took those colors and transferred them to my card. I'm still in the process of replenishing my birthday card stash, so this one was a no-brainer. I added a few brown brads around the oval and in the bottom right corner to help balance the sketch a bit more. The bottom just felt so empty.... And I didn't want to add anything that would move the focal point from the sentiment. I also played around with a few new single sheets of dp I picked up at CHA. This paper is by BoBunny and is so yummy! I'm looking forward to playing around with it some more. I have a few ideas in my head. :)

Well, I'm staying home from church today. I am feeling much better this morning, but am terrified of using up too much energy. I think I'll just do church from home today, watch some football, and make a few cards. I want as much of a fighting chance as possible going into the work week.

Oh! And on a happy last note... My sister got engaged last night! Her story and phone call were too romatic and cute. The wedding should be sometime this early summer! I can't wait!

I hope Sunday finds you blessed wherever you may be. Thanks for stopping by!
Supplies-
Stamps- PTI: Say It With Style
Paper- Dark Chocolate, Terracotta Tile, Very Vanilla, BoBunny Delilah dp
Ink- Chocolate Chip
Accessories- ribbon, brads, nestabilities, dimensionals, EK Success edge punch

2 comments:

  1. I loved the colours in that picture too but pic but #3 won out LOL! Love how you added the brads over the oval and balanced them off in the corner. Great sketch card. Looking forward to your last one. Hope your relaxing day gets you to 100 percent :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the rich browns and the way you did the brads on the curve.

    ReplyDelete