Monday, January 25, 2010

Sweet Sunday Sketch #53

Good morning! It's back to work with me after playing on Friday. I had some time yesterday to sit and make a few cards so that there is something to share with you here on the blog this week.

First up is my card for Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch. I had to huge honor of meeting Karen at CHA on Friday. It was so wonderful to put a personality and a voice to her blog and picture. People always look so different in person! I was laughing with her that I tend to be the last minute Wednesday night or Thursday entry for her sketches, and here I go posting it on a Monday! Guess I was excited and motivated.

I pulled out some of my much-loved Urban Garden dp and got down to business. I even used my extremely hoarded Baja Breeze paper on this card! I'm still having fun playing with my Blooming Button Bits set and this was an image and sentiment that had yet to be inked. I initially stamped the stems in chocolate on the beautiful embossed side of the circle, but the brown just didn't work. And I didn't want to stamp the stems is gray... That would just look, well, dead. So I flipped the circle over to the ugly side, stamped again in old olive and glittered around the edge using my glue pen. Overall, I think just one color of button flowers worked out well, and I really like the shimmery look of the circumference. I might try this mistake more often, lol!

Thanks for stopping by!
Supplies-
Stamps- PTI: Blooming Button Bits
Paper- Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Urban Garden dp
Ink- Old Olive, Not Quite Navy
Accessories- glue pen, glitter, buttons, ribbon, apron lace punch, nestabilities, dimensionals

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Kristina! Love the colour combo and your gittery "cover up" is a wonderful touch :D Hope you are feeling better today and had a good day at work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card! Great colours & little details. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the dp...the way the stripes contrast against the light green paper...mmm, mmm. mmm!! Oh, I'm so glad you met Karen...it must be weird and to hear her voice and see how tall she is...I got some new paper at the Scrapbook store and a few fun Valentine embellishments...will try and use them this week :) Keep those gorgeous cards coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, just remembered I wanted to comment about the Slice...I like it, just haven't really used it alot. I like the shapes and words it can cut out, but really small items are distorted a bit. I think I have an old model seeing as it was at Michaels. It's not pink and doesn't emboss, but that just might be with different design cards. It doesn't bother me that I have to hold it for a cut...I see they have a hands free device now. I got it at 40% during a sale at Mike's...it's the right size for me and is just another toy...I still love the cuttlebug, nestablities and Sizzix dies :) I would buy a sewing machine before the Slice...or BOTH!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card - those button bits get me every time. I think I'm going to need to break down and buy them... sigh.. That has to be one of my favorite color combos - and I love your ribbon!
    It was so much fun meeting you! You are just so cute and sweet - loved that you came by the booth to say hi! And, do I look different good or different weird? hahahaha! I'm kidding. I think it might have been I look different/extremely tired :D

    ReplyDelete