Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Mercy's Tuesday Sketch #84

***Click HERE for my Anni-Verve-sary blog hop post.***

Good morning! Be prepared. Today's card is about as sugary sweet as they come and waaaay out of my normal color schemes. Perhaps even sugary with sprinkles on top. I might need to make a manly card after this one, lol.

The color combo is courtesy of this week's color draw for Maureen's WaCCky (wild card color) Challenge. What came out of the basket this week? Only the most pastel color, sugary, way too sweet colors. But I guess it is better than colors that absolutely stump me as to how they work together. :)

The first time I made this card, I forgot to put any Raspberry Fizz on it! Ack! So, I pulled off a layer, changed out the sentiment's color and got that Fizz on there. The second time I made this card, I realized that I needed to swap out the main image color since it was now framed on Raspberry Fizz (it was previously framed in Aqua Mist and stamped in Berry Sorbet). So, here's the third go at this card. Maureen, I hope you appreciate the great lengths I went to in order to make this card work, hehe. I'm officially calling it done. No more fiddling, changing, restamping, regluing, swapping... Finished.

The sketch came from Mercy's Tuesday Sketches, which I have so missed playing! It was great to pick it back up and run. And as much as layers frighten me sometimes, I actually enjoyed putting these colors together. I did end up rounding off one bottom corner just to throw all of those squared corners off. :)

All right. I'm moving on from this one. It's done. I'm done. On to some bolder, darker colors! Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies-
Stamps- PTI: Round & Round
Paper- Aqua Mist, Whisper White, Pretty Pastels dp, Bitty Box dp
Ink- Raspberry Fizz, Aqua Mist
Accessories- twine, jewels, nestabilities, dimensionals, corner rounder punch

2 comments:

  1. LOL....as soon as I saw this card, I knew where the colours came from...they are sweet and perfect for a baby card!!!! Want some darker ones? Wait this the next one in a few days...I almost didn't participate in my own challenge!! LOL I think you will like them, though, because you rock the jewel tones with your fabulous dps :) Love the bit of bling and rounded corners :) Hugs!! Thanks for being my one lone participant :) hehe....you are the in "Spotlight" every week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfully done! I hear you re: working in colours that aren't your norm. Stretches the old brain a bit LOL! Love how you used Mercy's sketch and the colour combo. Lovely card as always.

    ReplyDelete