Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sweet Sunday Sketch #83

Good evening! Where has the day gone? I'm counting hours left until school starts back up. Approximately 15 hours until the kiddos come walking through my door. Weird. I restrained myself and didn't go work in my classroom today. I deserve one day off, right? However, I did break down and work on some computer things this morning before church. And I ran a few quick errands for work after church. But I'm home now. And I refuse to work on anything more! (until I can think of something that I just have to work on, lol.)

Can I just say that I love Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch for this week? I got a sneak peak of it last night, and the wheels started turning in my head. I've had these beautiful blooms dies from PTI that have been sitting since I purchased them a month or two back. This was the perfect sketch with which to initiate them! Then I was cruising through some of my favorite blogs, when I ended up on my friend Marisa's blog. The new Curtain Call Challenge was issued, and the colors were heavenly! Blues and greens and kraft, oh my! I just had to work with it. Now, I don't have the new Stampin' Up colors yet, so I did substitute in some similar (I hope!) colors. I used PTI's Enchanted Evening and Spring Moss. Some ric rac, half pearls, scallops, buttons, and circles later... Tahdah! My first card in a week! Ah, I love stamping. Oh!! I also played around with some new Verve-y goodness. Isn't that sentiment sweet?! LOVE the font and the gorgeous flowers in this set (which I didn't use...*gasp!*...yet.)

The joy of stamping every day is coming to an end once again. Now that it's back to reality, there will probably be only a couple posts each week rather than a post each day. Don't expect to see a ton of me this first week back, lol. I may be sleeping the moment I get home!!! I'm always wide awake and full of adrenaline the first day, but usually crash hard by day 3. I already can't wait to sleep in on Saturday! :)

Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful week and wish me luck! And happy first day of school to many of you out there!

Supplies-
Stamps- Verve: Great Friend
Paper- Enchanted Evening, Kraft, Spring Moss, Pretty Pastels dp, Bitty Box dp
Ink- Enchanted Evening
Accessories- twine, buttons, ric rac die, medium scallop die, half pearls, nestabilities, beautiful blooms die #2

5 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Kristina! LOVE the colors! Good luck on your first day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so gorgeous, Kristina! love the elements of your card...the twine, buttons, use of color...so fabulous! thanks for playing the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, these are your colours :) Love all the fun pearls on this and your new Verve stamp :) I hear ya on not too much stamping will happen in the first little while...I've had such fun this summer with stamping that I will definitely miss it :( It will be a treat on the weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow this is so pretty.
    Hugs,
    Raven

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is simply gorgeous, Kristina!!! I'm green with envy at the flower dies you used (they were sold out when I put in my PTI order). A fabulous use of Karen's sketch and this week's Curtain Call colours! Love the ric rac with the scallops and twine! Simply wonderful creation and you are so kind for the shout out (((hugs))).

    Hope your first week is going okay. I'm a few days behind as I just got back tonite, but will say a prayer for you. Know the first week is a zoo for everyone! Take those naps, they are life savers LOL!

    Look forward to seeing your creations once things settle down a bit and you have time to stamp.

    I'm STILL waiting for my Verve order!! Darn border!!

    ReplyDelete