Thursday, August 12, 2010

Sweet Sunday Sketch #80

Good afternoon! I finished my card up this morning for Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch and decided to post it before I leave to go visit my high school bf down by San Diego in a few minutes.
I was still feeling the need to use more of my October Afternoon dp, so out it came. I used some of the yet unused browns and greens dp to help this card along. I also flipped Karen's sketch 90 degrees onto its side to accommodate the bicycle stamp from my Everyday Button Bits set (Haven't used this one in a while! I had forgotten how much I love it!). After digging through my dark chocolate buttons, I found these two little beauties. Aren't they perfect as bicycle tires?! A bit of color with copics, a generous amount of tea dye staining, some jewels and a ribbon, and this card was complete.

I'm so excited for the So You Think You Can Dance finale this evening!! Several of us girls got together to watch the last night of competition last night and had a grand 'ole time. We even busted out all of our cell phones to put in a few votes for our favorites. I truly enjoy the top three and won't be heartbroken no matter who wins. But I do have to admit that I am a little smitten with Kent. That boy just makes me smile. :) And he's ridiculously talented. I tried to find a clip from his contemporary dance last night, but there aren't any up yet! Ack! I'll have to come back and add it for you. :)

Well, that's it from me today. Time to hit the road! See ya back here tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies-
Stamps- PTI: Everyday Button Bits
Paper- Dark Chocolate, Ripe Avocado, Whisper White, October Afternoon Fly a Kite dp
Ink- Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories- copics, ribbon, buttons, jewels, nestabilities, dimensionals, tea dye stains

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, your back :D Darling card using Karen's sketch. Love the bike wheels :) Trusting you had a great time in WA.

    I usually follow So You Think You Can Dance but for whatever reason only saw the beginning this year. If I recall correctly Kent is the ballet dancer?? I remember the name and that he is really good but can't quite put my finger on him. May have to tune in to see who wins. They had an amazingly talented group this year and as you said, anyone could win and deserve it.

    Enjoy your visit with your friend :)

    ReplyDelete